1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turkey invades Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Did Dooley post anything interesting? :)

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Your new sig pic is a painting I can't remember the name of, but I was lucky enough to see in person at the Museum of Modern Art in New York once. Pretty cool.

As far as the topic of the thread, what does this mean? Was Turkey approved by Bush to do this? I know no one has to approve of anything in war, but if Turkey didn't talk to Bush first I can't imagine what he will do next. Hell, he might start carpet bombing Turkey.
    Seriously, though, what does this mean for Americans in Iraq?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm sure Turkey felt there was an immediate threat to their nation's sercurity and they would rather fight them there (Iraq) than in Turkey. Now if the Shite's unite with Turkey against the Kurds we are in really deep do-doo. This thing will look like a battle royale steel cage match if it doesn't already.
    Whatever happened to a nice, orderly war? I know more appropriate for the "old school" thread.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Aw dools...you always know how to sweet-talk a gal. :D

5. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

I was in Turkey (and Greece) last month and this development is really interesting.
    Greece and Turkey, by the way, usually don't have much good to say about each other.
    They've opposed each other for years.
    Anyway, it's nice to see a close neighbor standing up to Iraq's shenanigans.
    I still don't understand why its so tough for the Saudi's to show some nuts.
    Turkey is still pursuing a spot in the E.U., though the average/median age of their citizens is 17, which worries many of those nations already in the E.U.
    They figure Turks are too young to make rational decisions. And the country's chosen religion being 98 percent Muslim doesn't sit well with other countries.
    But I am proud to see a country such as Turkey make some moves against the left-wing element thats so prominent in Iraq today.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hed bust - you'd be proud of canada if it invaded the us.

7. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

Is that a question?
    I'm not sure what you mean by that statement.
    And I didn't state this previously, but this thread title is a bit misleading.
    I'm not sure an all-out "invasion of Iraq by Turkey" is what we're seeing here.

8. The Iraqi Kurds?
    Left wing?
    Did I miss a memo?

9. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Agreed. Upon further review, the use of "invasion" gets an over-the-top word choice penalty here.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Apparently Dick Cheney's stock options already vested when the price of oil hit $72/ barrell. When next years options come due, expect the price to be above $80.00

11. Every time I think I'm the most cynical SOB on the planet, my man 'yab posts and I realize how much work I still have to do.

12. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Birdscribe - I'm not as educated as I should be about your post. Please educate me so I better understand what you're saying about Churchill's role in Iraq's modern-day problems.

Draft saved Draft deleted