1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain, Libya...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Roid rage?

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

If he goes and dies, who will be left to fix the espresso machines?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Do you think resulting to vulgarities helps make your point?

You have a problem with any criticism of Obama. You're invested in his success and feel its necessary to defend him -- no matter what.

You read things into my posts that I didn't say. My comments on Egypt and Libya were completely different, but to you they were the same. All you knew was that they were critical of Obama.

Pacifism isn't some new idea that you invented. You're not a more evolved being because you've embraced it.

Thousands will be killed if Gaddafi prevails. I don't know how that promotes peace. I don't know how a no-fly zone is inconsistent with your goal of preventing deaths.

But, that's not really your goal. Defending Obama is your goal. And, you can't believe anyone can have a valid criticism of him.

4. YankeeFan

As much as the two of you probably think that the people in the military are idiots, they're a lot fucking smarter than me.

I'm not sure I'd bring them any skills they could use.

But, as long as you get to make jokes, it's all good.

A joke on the Japan thread would be as welcome as a turd in the punch bowl. Before it's all over, more people will probably end up dying in Libya than in Japan, sadly.

And, it's preventable -- or at least it was.

I have to wonder if the two of you are even following this story closely. It's heartbreaking. It's happening right now, in real time. The stories -- if you choose to find them -- are gripping.

5. Guy_Incognito

That's probably not true.

6. Guy_Incognito

Does anyone still think that chickenhawk is a cogent debating point?

7. YankeeFan

I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe not in the battle, but in the retribution.

If Gadaffi takes back Benghazi, he'll kill 10,000 easy.

8. YankeeFan

Learn to compile your thoughts into one post.

LOL.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

All that needed to be said from this McGwire, which is about as fraudulent as the real one and his bs home run numbers...is that his play on the word intellectual is just repulsive. This is why you can't argue with certain liberals. They are what they call the other side...blinded by an ideology, programmed to accept only what its handlers throw out. Are there people like that on the right, certainly. Hannity is the ring-leader of it. It may be rude, but it never thinks so highly of itself that it has a monopoly on intellectual superiority.

10. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Your ignorance is so vast its kind of interesting.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The last American president to encourage - but not back militarily - the popular uprising of an unarmed resistance against an entrenched dictator in the Middle East got tens of thousands of people killed.

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/iraq501/events_uprising.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.