1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tulsa World designer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JRoyal, Jul 18, 2011.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Our posting at journalismjobs.com:

The Tulsa World is seeking an experienced, creative news designer to join our Universal Design desk. Position requires a college degree, preferably in journalism with design skills and knowledge. Must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop & other publishing software. Three or more years design experience in newspapers or other print media is preferred, but less qualified applicants could be considered based on skill level. Must be able to meet deadlines and work well with others. The successful applicant will be able to build a captivating feature page one day, an engaging news page the next and a high-impact sports page the day after that. Please send resume, cover letter and samples of your work to: hr@tulsaworld.com or FAX: (918) 584-8966 or to the Human Resources Department, PO Box 1770, Tulsa, OK 74102. EOE M/F

Not in the ad: This position will likely do a lot of sports if I get the right person in here. There are always duties involving other desks, but I envision this being primarily sports when we get someone up to speed. There is also the opportunity to show some versatility as a sports slot editor running the sports section's production ion some nights f we get someone who also has strong chops as an editor.

If you have any questions, shoot me a message or email at james.royal@tulsaworld.com (resumes should go to hr@tulsaworld.com.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

And to head off the inevitable question, yes, we had a job open in May. We filled that position, and then one of our designers (Adam Daigle) was promoted to Assistant Editor to replace Sarah Hart, who is leaving for ESPN, leading to our current opening.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

2 folks from the World taking ESPN jobs ... not bad.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(I keed.)

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Are you looking an external candidates, because I don't want to waste two minutes emailing my clips?

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

That's five people at two papers taking ESPN jobs. The dominoes are falling, as Lawton just lost a guy to the Oklahoman and are looking for someone now too.
    Thanks ESPN for the worst timing imaginable with football very close.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

We're definitely looking at external candidates. Almost guaranteed this is an outside hire.

Draft saved Draft deleted