1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tulane Beat Writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Riddick, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Never.

But the style issue in question does, in fact, refer to a female copy editor. There are more stories like that too. It doesn't speak to her gender, though; it speaks to her lack of familiarity with sports.

Anyone whose paper has ever had a universal desk can empathize, I'm sure.

2. ARD

ARD Member

If it's who I'm thinking of, she wasn't exactly a copy editor. She was in management. And unless things have changed recently, they don't have a universal desk.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I didn't say they had a universal desk. I was using that as another possible example of the dynamic to which I referred.

4. ARD

ARD Member

Sorry; my misinterpretation.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Haven't read his stuff recently, but I liked Nakia when he was on the Saints beat. Good for him, if he's the hire.

6. dcdream

dcdream Member

Nakia Hogan IS the winner.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

8. Is it OK for me to talk some more smack about N'awlins now that this job has been filled? You know how much I love dumping on that schatty city. Do I have permission to remind people what a hell hole it is now? :)

9. dcdream

dcdream Member

No you can't. It's my hometown. Have you ever lived there before. If you didn't you can't comment with intellegence on the city and its state. If this happened in your city, you would not be doing this.

10. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

That's a good hire for the Times-Pic. Worked alongside Nakia when he was covering LSU/Saints/Hornets for the Shreveport Times. He's a good guy, kind of quiet, but knows his stuff.

He was hurt pretty bad when Shreveport (read: Gannett) took him off the LSU/Saints/Hornets beat and took him out of New Orleans and back into the Shreveport office. I don't even know if he made it back to Shreveport, I think he may have quit before going back. Anyway, good to see him getting back to his hometown.

11. Do you still live in New Orleans? I doubt it. And I wonder why you would if you did.

I dont live in my old hometown. It was a hell hole, too. So yeah, I would too comment on it. New Orleans is nasty and you can defend it all you want but you'll never change my mind. My hometown is filfthy hell hole and that's why I don't live there.

touche' pal. :)

12. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

That obviously explains something about ol' Huck.

Draft saved Draft deleted