1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TSN ranking of 66 BCS coaches

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, May 6, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's not that they lost. It's that they got their asses kicked. They looked like a I-AA team.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm surprised that Kragthrope is as high (27th) as he is.

Rich Brooks is where he should be (40th), though I'd personally rank Guy Morriss higher than him.

But that's just me.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Guy had some serious love for Houston Nutt at No. 5 in the SEC and No. 20 in the country.
    And then you had this in the conference breakdowns

4. Hammer Pants

Maybe because his handle bars 'stache screams Arkansas?

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

From a Hawkeye POV, it's a little too high for Kirk. He's a 15th at best. He came into Iowa City with the cupboard bare after Hayden left and went nearly two horrible years to start out. The class he started out with came into their own in his third year.

Meyer is on the rise, so don't fret about that. He's been to Bowling Green, Utah, and now Florida in which he's doing something that the Zookster couldn't do: coach and win games.

Les Miles will have his own class on the field for the first time this season. Russell and Company were Nick's kids when he skirted off to Miami.

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Disagree on Dorrell being underrated. He's eight games over .500 in four seasons, so that's 7-5/6-4 each year. And it's not like the Pac-10 is brimming with top-notch teams - UW, WSU, UA, ASU, OSU - and the Bruins are just as pedestrian as the rest of them (save for the USC win).

I think Erickson is way overrated. Most of his success came at Miami riding on the coattails of Johnson; besides 2000, his best season at OSU was 8-5. As someone else said - and I think we can all agree - Miami has some of the most fertile recruiting ground anywhere; take out Erickson's record from Miami, and he's 85-56.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Screams more East Tennessee to me. Maybe Maryville or Alcoa. The line about Johnson and how he wouldn't lose to Vandy if he was Knoxville just made me laugh and laugh.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Grobe overrated?

Wow ... someone really dislike class acts and/or Wake Forest?

And anyone calling Steve Spurrier overrated is just about as out-of-line. Take a look at Duke's record the 20 years before he got there and the almost 20 years since he left for Gainesville. When all is said and done, I'm convinced the item that will stand out most on his coaching resume is that he won at Duke. And that alone should earn him a high spot on the list.

9. Hammer Pants

A lot of coaches 1-30 wouldn't mind having No. 31's bling.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

nutt over richt? i'm not 100 percent on richt, but i'd rather have him than nutt

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Schiano fourth in the Big East is a jucking foke. Miles at 41, also.

Franchione at 37 is probably about right.

Nutt has McFadden for (likely) one more year, but with three O-linemen graduated, this year will tell the tale for both McFadden and Nutt.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'll agree he should be 10 spots better, because he is a solid coach. OK, good coach, not much solid about flab.
    However, he should be doing better than he is because he gets his pick of talent by being at ND and does less with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted