1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TSN baseball hire

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by playthrough, Jan 17, 2011.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sent to me via PM. Figured I'd break it out from the TSN/AOL thread.

Anthony Witrado is leaving the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and will become a baseball writer for The Sporting News.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Garry Howard raids his old staff. Wonder if Bob McGinn is next.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cause, you know, the people they are dumping aren't good enough to keep their jobs... ftard.

4. Joe Williams

Maybe TSN editor figures he is creating an opening -- baseball writer in Milwaukee -- that some shed Fanhouse folks can apply for. :p

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yeah no way Ed Price or Jeff Fletcher could have handled writing for an American institution like The Sporting News.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Tebow forgive there be any continuity during the transition phase.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

If you're this bitter, why not keep it to yourself? I believe Witrado made an excellent move. Who in the Sam Hill gave you the right to say whether he or anyone else "aren't good enough to keep their jobs?"
    Is it so hard to congratulate a guy and wish him well?
    Damn!

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think it's probably a safe bet that no Packer writers from the JS are going to follow Howard anywhere.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Mizzou, TSN is on a pretty good financial footing. I'd feel safer there than in Milwaukee.

10. Mizzougrad96

I don't think I would. What's to say TSN won't be folded in three years? Maybe AOL will merge with Bleacher Report in 2014. :D

Even if the JS continues to cut its staff, it will never touch it's two main Packer writers, who in my opinion, do a better job than any two NFL writers at any paper. Just my opinion...

11. Joe Williams

Now that I think about it, people tend to follow bosses (when asked) whom they trust, admire, like, what have you. Witrado apparently is doing that. The Packer writers might not feel the same.

12. Mizzougrad96

If there is any justice in this business, the JS will make the obvious baseball hire and right one of Howard's many wrongs.

Draft saved Draft deleted