1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

You dummy.

Riptide likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Amazon fixes Hillary book review
    Amazon steps in to ‘fix’ Hillary book review

As a result people gaming system by giving book 5 stars but posting comments like this one:

"I was going to read this book … I really was. But just as I got started, I found myself under sniper fire, passed out, and fell and hit my head. After that I got double vision and had to wear glasses that were so damn thick I couldn’t even see to read. As if that wasn’t enough, I then had an allergic reaction to something and started coughing so hard I spit out what looked like a couple of lizard’s eyeballs, my limbs locked up, and I passed out and fell down again, waking up only to find out I had been diagnosed with pneumonia 2 days earlier. Somehow I managed to power through it all, but it’s a good thing I was able to make a small fortune on this random small trade in the commodities market (cattle futures or some such thing) and then, miracle of all miracles, a few banks offered me a few million to just talk to their employees for a few minutes – and all that really helped out because I swear I was dead broke and couldn’t figure out how I was gonna come up with the 6 bucks to pay for this book, let alone pay the $1,500 for my health insurance this month. I still want to read it, but, honestly, what difference at this point does it make? I hear it sucks anyway.”

HanSenSE, SpeedTchr and Vombatus like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Gary Johnson: We need to inhabit other planets.

This guy is such a goof. No surprise that a lot of Trump's gains in recent polls have come at his expense, as Republicans come home to Trump.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I agree. Let's put Hillary on a spaceship tomorrow.

6. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Bang zoom send Hillary to the moon

7. YankeeFan

Clinton campaign has given up on Ohio, and they're worried about Wisconsin.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I almost don't want to evaluate anything until we see how Monday night goes. If he shows he knows stuff, I'll be a lot more comfortable with polling that indicates he's going to win. If he surges on the strength of a couple zingers and some mish-mash about "great deals," I'm going to be very frustrated.

9. Vombatus

10. YankeeFan

It's unlikely that the "winner" will be the one who best expresses policy.

Could be a gaffe. Could be a zinger. Maybe it's just how they look and sound on camera.

The bar is set low for Trump, but he has a ton of TV experience. He should be able to present himself well to the audience.

11. Vombatus

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't expect him to be a policy expert. I just want some reassurance that he knows about stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.