1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump’s humiliation: Bring it on.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It can only bring her down if she's indicted or if the FBI Director resigns because she's not indicted.

Even then Bernie likely gets the nomination.

We only get Biden if Hillary both wins the nomination and gets indicted.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have to imagine a lot of Hillary supporters are going to jump to O'Malley, not Sanders.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is that how that works? I'm sure someone has drawn up rules, but would Hilllary be ineligible for the ticket? And if so, can the DNC just choose someone to replace her?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The support of old angry white males is not enough to get you elected; that alone will doom Trump.

5. YankeeFan

No way.

O'Malley's still at 1%.

Hillary still has a lot of committed liberals I get camp who will jump to Bernie if she falters, and he proves to be viable -- just like in 2008.

Bernie genuinely appeals to them. They just figured Hillary was the only viable candidate.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Surely this is the end.

Anti-Donald Trump Campaign Gains Steam With Celebrities

Harry Belafonte, Eve Ensler, Danny Glover, Kerry Washington, Rosie O’Donnell, Michael Moore Jane Fonda, and Lily Tomlin are among those lending their names to the Stop Hate Dump Trump campaign, with the goal of calling out the candidate for “hate speech, misogyny, Islamophobia and racism.”

If the creator of The Vagina Monologues says no, that's good enough for me. The base will notice this and educate itself.

7. YankeeFan

I don't think she would be ineligible, and she might not even step aside.

I just think it's the only scenario where Biden could get the nomination.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So does that mean Trump is more or less likely to be a presenter for the Oscars?

dooley_womack1 likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I don't. As long as the buck stops at a Dem-controlled DOJ, she won't face any charges. If she loses, the political pressure to pursue her is off. So Hillary skates.

10. YankeeFan

Rosie doesn't support Trump! I'm shocked. They seemed to get along so well.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.