1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump’s humiliation: Bring it on.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The really weird part? As divisive as his campaign is, when it comes time to actually get something done Trump is probably the most likely candidate to work both sides of the aisle and make it happen. Like you said, he's got charisma and I think he'd view legislation like a business negotiation. Of course he wants to come out ahead, but he understands how to give some to get some, and more importantly how to schmooze people to make them think they're the ones coming out ahead.
    All of the others are too much of ideologues to bend to any great degree.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sanders has one trendy supporter in rapper Killer Mike, who appeared in a spin room after this week’s Democratic debate in South Carolina. The rapper told a reporter that he became a Sanders surrogate after “smoking a joint and reading [Sanders’s] tweets.”

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sanders could take a lot of the Libertarian vote too.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I like Niall Ferguson a lot. Any public intellectual who's willing to square off with Krugman and give him plenty of doses of his own medicine is all right by me.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It's the home of the Spengler Cup!

Huggy likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No, they won't. All he needs to do is denigrate another entire religion or ethnic group and they'll be right back in his corner. It'll only help more if he calls a few more women "pigs" or the word we can't say here.

His shtick is entirely hateful bombast that's a hundred miles wide and a millimeter deep. And, it's EXACTLY what his troglodyte supporters want. And, there's more of them than us in today's America. He's more representative of this country than most normal, right-minded people think.

I Should Coco and Riptide like this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Time to dust off the whisper campaign about Ted's black baby.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If they tried to do it about Trump's black baby, he'd just say what a fine piece of ass the mother was and his numbers would go up again.

10. MisterCreosote

His numbers would skyrocket if he repeated, verbatim, what Cliven Bundy said about "the Negroes."

He is the hero who's going to make it socially acceptable for white people to hate everyone again. Like the good old days.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

You might be correct, Mr. Railroad Tie Preservative. But how many of those people actually get out and vote?

This is in response to your comment above the latest.

12. MisterCreosote

I think a lot of them will now that they see a candidate "telling it like it is."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.