1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Blood: Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Were the ugly fairy people trying to capture Sookie fairies or something else pretending to be fairies? I wasn't sure on that.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I think those were the "bad" fairies. They do exist in the books.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Tara annoys the hell out of me. She needs to die and soon.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Tara's the hottest woman on the show.

5. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

That's why I stopped reading the books somewhere around the beginning of the fifth one when...

spoiler...stop reading now if you care...

Jason became a were-panther. The books were not great writing, but I was willing to overlook that because the premise was interesting and it had some good characters. But the never-ending parade of new supernatural concepts was just too much.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I gave up comparing them to the books after the 2nd season...but so glad Jessica is on the show. Damn I love me them redheads.

As for the season 4 premier, meh. We had free HBO this weekend to see it, but I'm not going to be trying to track it down on Bittorrent next Monday...maybe for Entourage, but not this. I got Psyche and Eureka to keep me busy.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I guess I keep watching it just because HBO Sunday night at 9 p.m. is habit. I enjoy True Blood well enough and will continue watching just to see what happens, but don't count it among the top HBO original shows. It can't compare with Game of Thrones that just went off nor Boardwalk Empire which will follow it.

I've hated Tara since Season 1, Episode 1.

I'd like for Jessica to come in and say, "I want to suck your ...."

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed 'True Blood.' It's not as good as 'Rome' or 'Curb,' but I've liked it better than 'Game of Thrones.'
    Who knows if this season will be good, but I would take any of the first three seasons over 'Game of Thrones.'

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Never watched it, but it sounds like there's some good musical taste going on. Anyone who can get Nick Cave and Neko Case together for the closing song deserves some props.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The second episode is up on HBO Go.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I would watch this in advance if it were not for the fact that nothing else fun airs on Sunday night. I hope there's less fairy shit in the next episode. And more Pam and Eric.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I won't watch the stuff on HBO Go. I'd rather wait and watch Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted