1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Troublemaker disrupts panel discussion, gets the big smack-down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, all she has is slogans, catchphrases and lies. She'd fit in really good here.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good thing there's no political talk allowed 'round here ...

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, nobody ever violates that rule. (crossthread)

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And yet no one has been able to take apart anything she actually said.

Hmmmmmm. I would have thought it would be so simple.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Where did she get the number of Muslims who are violent fanatics from? What study?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Milbank column that started it all is very interesting. One guy says he isn't sure at all that Stevens died from smoke inhalation and wants to see the autopsy report. And it wasn't even Alex Jones!

Milbank also follows up by ripping the Politico "reporter" who labeled Milbank's column a "disaster" based on what the Heritage Foundation told the "reporter." It's a nice little Washington catfight all in all.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/06/18/politicos-reporting-disaster/?tid=pm_pop

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, there is a good reason why most book stores put "New Republic" magazine in their fiction section.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I normally don't much care for Milbank but three cheers for this kicker ...

He might as well have said, "get off your lazy ass and cover something you foof."

9. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Do any of you know of Gabriel's background? Check out where she comes from and what she has gone through. When discussing Islam and extremists I would take her word over the word of Dana Millbank, Dylan Byers and anyone at Politico.

She doesn't sugar coat it and does not care if the precious left gets offended...and I don't blame her.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

From 2010: screech screech screech

http://www.newshounds.us/2010/05/14/antimuslim_zealot_brigitte_gabriels_onesided_debate_on_ground_zero_mosque.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.