1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tropical Storm Ernesto targets ... now it's Florida again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hmph. Friday night football could get rained out here. Yeah, they cancel games because of rain. Fuckin pussies.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Until we got afternoon showers for 4 days at the end of last week, my county's drought index was back over 600 again. From that point of view, it could be a very good thing.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my shutters are now closed. i am sitting here drinking malt liquor waiting for the power to go off. it's pouring and windy outside -- i know this from opening the door which isn't the smartest idea when you have your shutters closed, but i know the actual storm isn't here so i figured it'd be OK. the tallboy cans of schlitz caught my eye when i was in the gas station buying ice. can't remember the last time i drank malt liquor. hey, it's not like i'm driving anywhere today. and i don't have anywhere to be other than in my house.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And thus the term "tropical depression" is born.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'm more worried about the fireball coming off the Cape Verde Islands than I am about this way overcovered tropical storm.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

hey, i'm not depressed!

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm coming close to losing my mind. i drank my two tallboy cans of malt liquor. i wonder if i should try eating everything in my fridge and freezer just in case we lose power. ice cream and shrimp-an enticing combo. maybe i'll top it with chocolate sauce. there's nothing to do. everything is closed or is about to close and they want you off the roads by this time of day. i guess i should be studying. or reading. or watching a movie. or doing something else productive like uh, i don't know, whittling? instead i'm transfixed by the inane ramblings of the helmetheads on tv. and they're not saying anything i care about other than pointing out that the people kiteboarding right now are stupid and taking a huge risk.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I sense an "Ask Drunk Leo" thread coming on.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Keep drinking Schlitz and you will be

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

nah. i didn't think you could get hungover just three hours after starting drinking but i guess i'm wrong. i've got a headache. ugh. schlitz malt liquor, chocolate fudge sauce (had tons in the fridge), hurricanes and boredom don't mix so well. jesus i hate ernesto.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Danger Jim, reporting live from South Beach.

It's over.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Have Stephanie Abrams' nipples made an appearance yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted