1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trojan Horse Warning

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Sep 3, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Keep an eye out for an email from ebay. A buyer will wonder why you haven't sent an engine to him that you sold him on August 2.
    Popped into my in box and it contains a trojan horse. To make things more fun, Ms. Slappy sent it to me too wondering what the hell it was...
    It is bad... delete or invite the horsey into you puter...

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

There's a pretty shitty Bank of America one going around right now, too. It took down a family member's work computers for a couple hours.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She uses the pure AOL software so those usually dont show up, but she's running a scan now.
    I didn't open on my desktop, but did on my laptop with netscape client. Zonealarm caught that fucker quickly and I'm running spyware and virus scan now to be sure.

5. tadwriter

tadwriter Member

Watch for the one that is from the IRS that appears labeled "SPAM" but with a legit URL ending in www.irs.gov, telling you that a re-calculation of your most recent return shows you still have an additional $XXX owed to you. It doesn't ask for anything, it redirects you to the actual US Government's IRS web site. The REAL one! If, and only if, you have some sort of security protection on your computer are you safe. If you do, the screen will switch to a full-screen sign saying "FRAUDULENT WEBSIT-DELETE" within 2-3 seconds. If you don't have protection, it is likely that most would attempt to follow any instructions that follow, and the BANG!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted