1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trivial Blitz game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Triangles?

Just got that one for the first time.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's just a matter of time before someone looks all this shit up and creates a cheat sheet site.

Also, try to say cheat sheet site 10 times fast.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

last night got 'types of triangles', 'titans', 'landlocked countries', 'Duke University alumni' and 'boy bands' more times than I care to count. Also for the bonus round, got "Scrabble letters worth more than 3 points" three or four times in a row.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

$2800 is my high so far. Pretty tough, yet addicting game.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This game is brutal. I hadn't broken $1,000 since my first game. I just went for $2,575 and am quite happy with it.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I'm now tied in like a 30-way tie for second place in the leaders.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can tell the difference between Brooke Burns and Brooke Burke, but
    types of quartz - Now THERE is a category...

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Types of quartz does suck, though I just get my three answers and get out.
    The one that angers me the most is skateboard tricks. How the fuck should I know?
    Anyway, I was struggling then I got Pink Floyd albums and ran that one - it was the first one I've run.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

New high score for me: $4,200. But that was only because I got the Pink Floyd albums twice. I should quit this game, it angers me.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can't stop playing.
    Just got $4,825 behind the Sopranos on the bonus level and snakes, cake and other things I can't remember on the other levels.

11. EStreetJoe

Bonus Round category - Egyptian Pharrohs of the Fourth Dynasty
    WTF? How am I supposed to know that one?

12. EStreetJoe

$6025 -- started with three categories I could run the table on (80s Sitcoms, NY Pro Sports Teams, Rolling Stones Songs), then I avoided getting blitzed by stopping on Tom Hanks characters after 6 answers and string instruments after 5. I did get Blitzed in the Bonus Round when I guessed wrong on an Aaron Spelling TV show.

Draft saved Draft deleted