1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

triumph over evil insurance - yea me!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Jun 30, 2009.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

Good finally triumphs over evil!!!!!!!!

The evil Liberty Mutual's decision to not OK my total knee replacement surgery was overturned on appeal so now they have to pay up and I finally get to hopefully be pain free for the first time in a very, very long time.

Of course now I'm faced with the fact that I actually have to undergo total knee replacement surgery and I'm nervous as hell and suffer from anxiety problems as it is. Bring on the Xanax or Valium!!!!!!!

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You won't regret it. My grandma LOVES her "bionic" joints (both knees, both hips), and all the women in my Bible study love theirs, even the one who didn't heal up properly. She says it still feels sooo much better than before the sugery.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Bravo! Well done. Down with the insurance companies, up with knee replacement!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome. That makes the score Bad Guys 1,209,020,201,876 and the Good Guys 17.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

it took 4 months of arguing and jumping through hoops but it was so sweet yesterday reading the appeal reviewer's decision. at first they tried to say it wasn't related to the original injury, then they said no to it because more conservative treatments hadn't been done and that i was too young. i guess they expected me to get weekly cortisone shots until i was 50.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I will never get over the fact that health insurance companies employ people whose performance is measured by how much care they can deny.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

. . . and that many people are afraid of a "bureaucrat" deciding on their health care, instead of someone with skin in the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted