1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trib Top 50 Magazines: ESPN #5, SI left out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lugnuts, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Outside isn't what it used to be, but it just got a new managing editor so that might help. This month's issue -- the new guy's first -- was better than anything in the past year.

I would have voted Esquire No. 1, and put Men's Journal in there somewhere.

2. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Cat Fancy was never the same after Warrick Dunn appeared on the cover.

3. GQ hasn't been any good since Art Cooper left (god rest his soul) ...

David Granger has moved Esquire into the elite among American magazines (and no, I don't work there. Just a longtime subscriber) ...

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

I'm not a GQ subscriber anymore, but I pick it up on the newsstand every month to see if there are any articles worth reading in there. I can't tell you the last time I actually walked out of the store with a copy under my arm.

As for Esquire, Tom Junod's piece on John Walker Lindh this month is simply fantastic.

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Where is Club to class up this list ?

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

jesus fucking christ. espn the magazine is like the ringtones for people under 24. no one over 30 can or should be reading espn the magazine.

this looks like more like they gathered about 150 magazines, took a few obvious good ones like new yorker and time/newsweek, then randomly selected 40 more, then randomly assigned numbers.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr 1,

Just tell ASME about the ringtone theory. Were all the editors that voted ESPN The Magazine best in the 1- to 2-mil circ category (ahead of NYer and Fortune) under 30?

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted