1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trentonian giving way to donut makers (insert cop jokes here)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Songbird, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

The last time I took the R7 from Trenton to Philly and back for a concert, I said something to my then-girlfriend that began, "If we survive this..." shortly after getting on the train to Philly...

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

3. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

I'm shocked the Trentoid hasn't folded. It seems to survive by heavy local sports coverage, mostly high school sports and American Legion baseball. And lots of comics and puzzles.

4. Woody Long

A different guy. Fortenbaugh disliked Paul Glass, a longtime CVC wrestling coach, and Glass disliked Fortenbaugh. Fortenbaugh, I'm told, was one who liked to bend his elbow, so to speak, and Glass was pretty clean living, so he was given the nickname "Tea and Cookies." Glass hated the nickname, which only made him hate Fortenbaugh more.

5. Woody Long

Don't forget the Page 6 girls!

6. Readallover

Of course! Page 6 and "Roasted Nuts" are what the Trentoid will be remembered for when Alden pulls the plug on it.

7. awriter

awriter Active Member

My thought, too!

HanSenSE and Readallover like this.
  8. Readallover

I see the Trentoid is making more local sports stories subscriber only. Paying to read high school sports online when the shoppers and weeklies cover it for free? Very unlikely.

Draft saved Draft deleted