1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trentonian columnist's toddlers are naked at the beach and ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Songbird, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Early this morning, our football team had a workout and barbecue on Crandon Park Beach to conclude our summer conditioning program under the supervision of our strength and conditioning staff. Following the workout, some of our athletes went to rinse off at a designated public shower area and a few of them made a poor decision and changed their clothes in public. I want to apologize to the community and anyone who was at the beach this morning for this unfortunate incident. We are committed to helping our student athletes grow as gentlemen while preparing them for their careers. We are looking into this incident, and if appropriate, will take disciplinary action.

Ron Turner
    Head Football Coach
    FIU

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22820345/fiu-issues-the-greatest-press-release-of-all-time

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The columnist broke the law, so that's that.

But ...

The law is stupid. And there is nothing untoward about naked 2- and 4-year-olds getting sprayed off at the beach. My 4-year-old occasionally drops trough and pees in the front yard. I try to stop him if I catch him, but if I don't, we all get a good laugh. So do the neighbors.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Rules are for other people.

4. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

If only the Times of Trenton had a courageous, dynamic figure in its' history who led a great journalistic enterprise by his own example, they likely would have properly attributed credit to Mr. Edelstein. But since the Times of Trenton never had a Bob Jelenic, their ethics are sorely lacking...

5. joe

joe Active Member

I could give less than two shits about whether people from other countries laugh at Americans because the parents of two kids are urged to put their damn clothes on in public. Part of our problem is that some people think we have to stop and worry about what Belgians will think of us.
    [/quote]

Was it over when the Belgians bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Hell no!
    And it's not over now.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, she showed her boobs in '08. She's choosing jail over fines and plans to protest with a hunger strike.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2013/08/activist_who_went_topless_on_spring_lake_beach_chooses_jail_hunger_over_fines.html

Draft saved Draft deleted