1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trent Lott resigning from Senate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Nov 26, 2007.

1. I know, wb, and, by and large, the rules are good ones, but sometimes, they do make us look like jackasses.

2. I'm biased, but I think it makes him look like the jackass.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I hear he's resigning to become the new head football coach at Arkansas.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Ole Miss, you meant.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trent Lott isn't what is wrong with the Republican Party. But I think you see a lot of members of the minority party bailing out when things don't look they're going to get better. Say what you want about the (overblown and overanalyzed) Thurmond comments, when Lott was leading the Senate, he never threatened to blow up the Senate rules like that clown Bill Frist.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

The problem I have with this is that he was elected last year for a six-year term. If he wasn't going to stick it out, why did he run for a six-year term.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trent Lott gay? I mean, just because he sang with the "Singing Senators" and still fits into his college cheerleading uniform (how would he know?) oh - yeah. Wow. Now I know why he wanted to get out before the lobbying reform went into effect.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, a guy could really tap his toes to some of those Swingin' Senators songs...

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The kinda music for guys who have a nice, wide stance. When sitting.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If it gets thin enough, I'll be happy to step in.

It is being said around town that Lott could be chancellor at Ole Miss, effective Jan. 1, 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted