1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trent Green is still out.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I have no clue what "COCKDIAN" is about. It looks more and more lame every time I read it, though.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yet another SJ reference burnt into the ground by some of the newer generation SJ'ers.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I've been here a while (registered member since '03), spup. Guess I need to be a tad more observant.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Spoop You should talk. You are a worse speller than I am and you are a journalist.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There's actually quite a few non-journalists here.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Back on topic, does Green really think he can be back by next week? It was a severe concussion. I can't imagine he would be able to come back after two weeks. I have faith that he'll be back, but he needs to realize that being back so quickly might not be a good idea. One bad hit too soon could be REALLY bad for him and might be the career ending hit we Chiefs fans really fear. I just don't get this macho crap. He got hit. I'd rather have a healthy quarterback than a win or two.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Starting with Webby, I believe. He'll be crushed to know he doesn't belong here.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, think Rich Johnson will let us back in?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's not really macho crap so much as feeling a responsibility to your teammates. I think most competitors feel the same way after an injury, that they need to get back ASAP to help their team win, that every game they're on the sidelines, they're letting their teammates down.

And I don't think it's just men or even just pro or college athletes. I was the same way in high school and still am that way in my rec softball league. It's friggin' rec softball, but that doesn't matter. You want to be out there helping your team. And I imagine that feeling is magnified 100,000 times when you're paid millions of dollars and have thousands of people rooting you on every week.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sure spoop - happy to when you explain what its like waking up next to Uncle Fester.

Since your part of group that is so big on civil liberties why would you not want SportsJournalists.com to be inclusive to all.

Do you want athletes to say that about you when you show up in clubhouse?

Draft saved Draft deleted