1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trent Green is out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Sep 10, 2006.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

A horrible, jarring hit as Trent Green is in the slide and now he's out cold.

No penalty by the fuckheads in the stripes. Though they are quick to penalize Samie Parker for breathing on a defender.

These officials are just as fucked as they've always been.

And now, the Chiefs will be lucky to win three games.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't like the fact they strapped his hands down when he was stretchered off. I wish he would have waved a hand at the crowd or given a thumbs up.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

What is the actual ruling on a hook slide, I thought it was as soon as the QB started the slide he was untouchable, but I keep seeing these guys get smacked as they're going down with no flag. happened to Charlie Batch in the Pittsburgh Dolphins game when I think it was Zach Thomas who hit him while he was in a slide, but no penalty. Even the commentators remarked on that one saying the zebras gave him the benefit of the doubt because it was Thomas who was laying the hit.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The knee has to be down, I think.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The "three games" is being overly dramatic. Just hope that Green might keep his good health for now and worry about the wins and losses another time.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

After watching them for 2 1/2 quarters, my prognosis was down to winning six games. Then Green got hurt.

And after watching Huard try to throw the ball, I might drop that down to two games.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think officials blow that particular call far too often. Batch at least wasn't down yet when Zach Thomas hit him Thursday. I've seen quarterbacks hit plenty just after they put their knee down. At that point, you aren't even allowed to lay a hand on them, but it's rarely called.

8. rolling

rolling Member

He's got feelings in the lower extremities, according to the Chiefs PR dept.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

During a Fox update, they said Green doesn't remember the hit.

10. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

You've got to like the way Huard fumbles. He's had two in less than a quarter.

11. rolling

rolling Member

Doing well on this drive.

12. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Out for how long? Saw the stretcher ... but is he done for the season?

Draft saved Draft deleted