1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Traveler

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ADifferentOkie, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Anybody else watching this new show?
    It's not going to change television as we know it, but I've found it to be entertaining so far. At least it's something new during the summer, when it is mostly reruns on.
    (How's that for a ringing endorsement?)

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't watched last night's show yet, but I think it's a pretty good show and I'm just happy to be watching something new during the summer, because everything else that's on is pure shit...

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is it about Stonewall's horse? Is it set at VMI?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My wife and I don't watch too much tv (and we don't have HBO), so after hearing so many people talk about shows last year, we picked a show to watch together. Without knowing much about it, I picked "Six Degrees" - a total stink bomb and waste of several hours of my life.. Then I discovered 30 Rock late in the season and I love it.

She picked Traveller as her show, and we watched the first two episodes last weekend. I'm kind of hooked and will give it a go. I won't comment since I haven't seen last night's episode.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm kinda weary of this one. Haven't watched it yet, but the concept of two average kids avoiding the law after being falsely accused of bombing a building, just lacks a bit too much credibility for even me.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'm really enjoying it.

7. Nice call, Okie. You beat me to it. I'm hooked on it already. I watched last night's episode and made a mental note to post this morning to see if anyone else was into it. This thing has some potential to be a fun and lively show.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Robert E. Lee's horse was named Traveller.

I believe Stonewall's was named Little Sorrel.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked Six Degrees... I was disappointed when it was canceled. Between Six Degrees, Studio 60, Smith, Kidnapped, and The Nine, shows I liked didn't fare too well this season...

Maybe this should be the new trend... Trot out new shows during the summer when people will watch by default...

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I hang my head in shame.

Good call.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Glad they finally showed what happend to the friend, but I get a serious "Daybreak" vibe from this show and its hard to get worked up about a bombing at a museum after seeing 24.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This show is getting pretty good.

Will pulling a gun on the fbi agent at the end of this week's show was good.

Draft saved Draft deleted