1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers the Movie: Why God, why?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Riddick, Aug 7, 2006.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Me Grimlock no like sequel. Where Grimlock royalties?

2. Optimus Prime? That old fossil? I, Starscream, should be the star of this movie!

3. Superman

Superman Guest

To hell with Transformers.

Long live Captain Power!

[​IMG]

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm either really young or really old because I have no fucking clue what that is.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know it reveals me to be a big fat dork, but that was fucking hilarious.

Damn, I was such a Transformer fan-boy loser back when I was 10. I think one of the most pissed off moments of my entire childhood came in third grade when I let some dipshit play with my toy version of Jazz, the Porche, and he broke it in half at recess. If I saw that kid walking down the street today, I'd still want to punch him in the face.

At the same time, my greatest Christmans present of all time remains Optimus Prime, which I found out years later my grandmother pratically wrestled out of the arms of some lady at KayBee Toys two weeks before Christmas, because it was the last one in the entire state. Way to kick ass, grandma!

My less-than-serious casting wishlist for the Transformer movie:

Autobots

Optimus Prime: James Gandolfini
    Bumblebee: Dave Chapelle
    Hot Rod: Bernie Mac
    Ratchet: Ed Burns
    Ironhide: Sean Connery
    Hound: Vince Vaughn
    Prowl: Ben Affleck (He needs the work).
    Grimlock: Vin Diesel
    Wheeljack: Danny Glover
    Bluestreak: Chris Rock
    Smokescreen: Toby McGwire
    Sunstreaker: Jude Law
    Cliffjumper: Matt Damon

Decepticons

Megatron: Al Pacino
    Starscream: Ben Stiller
    Soundwave: Phillip Seymour Hoffman
    Thundercracker: Luke Wilson
    Skywarp: Owen Wilson
    Shockwave: Will Ferrell
    Laserbeak: Julia Stiles, because she is a souless, no-talent skee-za.

I can't freaking believe I remembered most of those characters. It's amazing I ever convinced a woman to marry me.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

It's a Michael Bay film, so we know it's going to be craptastic...

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

damn that show was awesome, but that whole concept of shooting the tv while watching it kinda sucked.

8. Fubar

Fubar Member

This is the worst thing about the movie itself. The concept could hypothetically be good, but that all went out the window with the hiring of Mr. Bay. Oh well.

I forsee a lot of shakin' camera shots, because that creates urgency and a general feeling that the characters are running frantically.

He's no good.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I disagree ... he's one of the best action directors out there. He makes excellent use of lighting and filters (see: The Rock) and makes visually interesting movies. He also knows how to blow stuff up real good. You can argue about the quality of screenplays like The Rock, Bad Boys I and II or Pearl Harbor, but all of them looked damn good.

You're not going to get any Shakespearean performances from actors or mindbending storylines, but you're going to see a fast-paced movie with some stunning audio/visuals. And would you really expect anything more than that out of a Transformers movie?

10. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

It's Transformers! The concept can't be good, not even hypothetically. It's a cartoon turned live action.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The fact that you could do that makes me worry for you. The fact that I was reading the list and seeing the logic behind some of your choices makes me worry even more about myself (and yes, it's amazing some woman married me, too.)

Having just seen Barnyard with my 3-year-old daughter (her first movie in the theaters) and my 7-year-old nephew, I think Sam Elliot would be a great voice for Optimus Prime. He's got a great voice, perfect for a wise leader who can be a badass when needed.

God, help me....

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought the stuff was idiotic when I was a kid...

Somehow I doubt even Michael Bay can make that shit cool... ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted