1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mb, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I thought the implied blue font was pretty clear . . . of course, I was about 12, so that was probably part of my thinking. I remember a letter to the editor in GI Joe (somewhere around issue No. 40) in which someone said that having more X-Men, New Mutants elements would improve GI Joe. They asked, "What do you think, readers?"

And the response from another letter writer: "I say he can take his weird New Mutants and cram 'em."

Ah, kids.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

If Megan Fox gets naked I may go see this. But seeing as the first was a gigantic piece of shit, I probably won't.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It's PG 13

4. So was Doc Hollywood.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Other than Bumblebee getting destroyed, the Transformers vs. G.I. Joe comic was a piece of shit. The Joe comic by itself, though? Not too bad, at least until the later years. Yes, some of the concepts like Serpentor were out there, but the writer of the book Larry Hama did a good job turning them into something plausible. Hell, looking back, the whole concept of a cloned supersoldier may have just been a little ahead of its time. Can't really explain his love of ninjas, though.
    A lot of the more out-there characters were forced on him by Hasbro. If you bring them up as examples of a comic gone wrong, also note that Serpentor was killed; BattleForce 2000 (a futuristic, sci-fi group of soldiers) was blown to smithereens; and Hama flat-out refused to use Cobra-La. Even on the Joe trading cards that were released in the early 90s, Cobra-La was included among the "honor roll" cards of dead characters.
    [/G.I.Joefanboyrant]

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://img-p.mrskin.com/data/_rp/00006776/posts/post_11703/Megan_Fox_topless_naked_nude_breasts_boobs_nipple_patches.jpg

Say thank you to Google images, Ross.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I'm at work now, I will open that when I get home. Now I don't have to see the film. Thanks OOP.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

NP. It's a still from some movie she shot/is shooting, so maybe that's the one you want to see.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Dude, you can see the pasties coming off on the right breast.
    Anyway, I sacrificed $7.25 to go see this, mostly so I could post on this thread, and *shrug*.
    The stuff with the parents is stupid and out of place, see how I throw in the shoutout?, and just over the top. They could have easily cut 30 minutes out and it wouldn't have missed a beat.
    The battle action scenes aren't bad, but so much of the plot doesn't make any sense. Even coming from the sci-fi nerd background, it doesn't make sense.
    Why would a robot grow a beard as he got older?
    Why would the same old robot, 15,000 years old, be in the Smithsonian as an SR-22 Blackbird, and then the back wall of the museum gets blown away and they are suddenly not in DC anymore, but in California?
    I understand that the movie is about giant robots from another planet that transform into cars and planes, but in the context of the established mythology, it didn't make sense.
    The robots hatch in space eggs and come out as crying little robots?
    The robots can now mimic human form and become hot college students looking to score but with giant metal tongues, that are tipped with what looks like a flesh tongue and one just happens to live in the same dorm as Shia, when he goes off to college.
    Ugh, that being said, Megan Fox is like crazy hot.

10. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

sounds like big, dumb fun...count me in!

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yep.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You know, after having read all of that, maybe I do want to see this. Sounds hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted