1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers: Best action movie I've seen this year...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jun 18, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...saw it over the weekend and it's fantastic. Predict that when it's all over, Transformers will finish second to Spidey in the summer box office sweepstakes.

Shia Labeouf is not as annoying as he usually is, the jokes play well -- even the corny ones -- the babe is a real babe (albeit looks a little young, not that there's anything wrong with that) and Josh Duhamel has a star-making action hero role.

The effects are the best of the summer -- better even than Sandman in Spidey 3.

And, no, Christine Daniels doesn't have a cameo.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow, isn't that a bit early even for a pre-screening? This doesn't open until July 4.

3. outofplace

Yeah....I had the feeling this would be either horrible or really good....this raises my hopes for really good.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Brilliant.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Was it more than meets the eye?

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Grimlock like royalties.

7. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

I would love it if Grimlock was in the movie. and I love the animated version as well.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Is MegaTron in it, as his cartoon form: a gun. I always thought that was kind of weak. No wonder Optimus Prime rocked his ass regularly.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the little Transformers who used to transform into cassette tapes (a bigger dork than me will quickly jump on this thread and name them. thanks in advance.) They've been completely phased out by technology. You can't really transform into a CD. Just no room to hide a robot there. The cassette guys are probably off at some Autobot bar, drinking to the fact that no matter how bad things get for them, they're not Go-bots.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

One of my favorite shows as a kid. I need to refresh my memory of the cartoon before going in to see the movie.

11. outofplace

One of those characters is in the movie...the Decepticon Frenzy. Though I'm not sure what he transforms into.

There were a bunch of 'em. Ravage, Laserbeak and Rumble were the other ones that got a lot of play in the comics and cartoons (yes, I am a bigger geek than you).

No Soundwave, though, which sucks. He was going to be in it, then they decided Frenzy was a better fit for the script. That is according to an online interview with the screenwriters that was posted on Yahoo.

12. But one could turn into an iPod.

Draft saved Draft deleted