1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tragic loss for Ryan family.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by wickedwritah, Jan 28, 2008.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Stunning news. Thoughts and prayers to the Ryan family.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

My thoughts and prayers are with the Ryan family. May God, or whatever higher being you believe in, walk right beside you during this time.

3. KP

KP Active Member

My condolences to Bob and his family. Hopefully they can find some sort of answers to this quickly.

Let me be another to add to how much of a gentleman he is to those of us who aren't as high up the food chain as he is. Sat next to him at a Thanksgiving football game a couple years ago and he couldn't have been more cordial dealing with peon freelancer KP.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Wow. I know Bob very slightly. I saw him from afar at a Super Bowl media hotel Sunday night, probably hours before he would have heard about this.
    What an awful thing. My thoughts are with him.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I can't imagine the sadness. I have a brother 13 years younger than me, and I have woken up from a bad dream in tears just thinking something might have happened to him. I hope anyone who can will offer anything they can to the Ryans. Horrible news.

6. Bob, it tears me up to know you have had to endure this. I do not know what I would if I lost one of my children.

My sincere condolences to you and your family from across the ocean.

7. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Ryan family.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Wow. I pray they can quickly and easily cut through any red tape associated with bringing him back from Islamabad.

9. Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing?
    What kind of red-tape is there? I presume, because of the work Keith did, that the embassy can cut through most of it.
    Here's the Reuters dispatch:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/28/AR2008012800843.html?hpid=moreheadlines

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

My condolences, God bless.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Very sad.

Sorry to hear of this, Bob.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Thoughts and prayers go to the Ryan Family.

Draft saved Draft deleted