1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tracy Morgan in ICU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Jun 7, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's the ultimate truth. We know no more about Morgan's health than we did two days after the accident.

2. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Tracy Morgan's appearance on the Today Show:

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Nobody's getting pregnant.

4. RecoveringJournalist

It's jarring to see a guy who is that universally hilarious get emotional.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

One of the clips I saw had Tracy interviewed with his lawyer present. I'm not really sure why the lawyer was needed. Don't they have Walmart by the balls? It was their truck driver who ran over the SUV/limo from behind, after being on the road for an excessive number of hours to pick up the tractor trailer and then head north. What could Tracy say that would screw up any part of a lawsuit?

I guess the lawyer just didn't want some questions asked, but I am having a hard time imagining what they would be. Even if Tracy and company were not seat-belted in, they still got rear-ended and the Walmart driver is at fault.

6. RecoveringJournalist

Tracy needed a lawyer present at most interviews even before the accident, but I'm guessing he was there just to make sure Tracy didn't violate the terms of the Walmart settlement.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Oh, ok. Didn't realize it might have been settled already. That makes sense. The old non-disclosure, don't say anything bad about the company, agreement.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They made it a point to $tate that Walmart ha$ taken total respon$ibility for the accident like twice, which I'm $ure is part of any agreement between the two partie$.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  9. RecoveringJournalist

I'm guessing this had to be an huge settlement, maybe $10 million plus.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Considering Waltmart originally came out and blamed the victims for not having seat belts on in a limo, this may be a scanario of, "look, we'll pay whatever you want, but you have to get it out in the public that we're taking responsibility."

11. RecoveringJournalist

I don't know... Walmart seems to be a place that has taken much worse PR beatings and nothing ever happens. This was just one of those cases where they just had to pay more than usual to make a case go away.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Odd seeing Morgan so serious, kept waiting for a bit to break out, was hoping he would take off his shirt.

Draft saved Draft deleted