1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Track parent

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smallpotatoes, May 21, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I use a fax all the time to get hard copy price quotes, but that has nothing to do with newspapers. The fax is so much easier for me than printing an email attachment.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Attachments are nice in swimming as well as track. Takes me 10 minutes max to go through the recap sheets and find the locals with the help of a highlighter. Then I'm off and typing.

About the only thing I seem to get from fax any more are flyers for slow pitch tournaments from out-of-towners.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Doesn't one of the sports in our state require faxes? We're constantly getting faxes from three coaches, all in the same sport, tennis. All the other ones either call or e-mail.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

No one calls, emails or sends us results in any way. I think, though, that's because we tend to cover everything we want covered ourselves and usually don't have much room for anything else.

I don't know what you mean about a sport being required to fax though. If that's the case, I say that's dumb.

Draft saved Draft deleted