1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TQstats

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kbb, Apr 10, 2007.

1. kbb

kbb Member

Does anybody out there use TQstats for their fantasy/Rotisserie league. We've used it for a few years now and it's been great. But they "improved" the site in March and now it is totally screwed up.

Anybody have any good options of what my league should do? I just tried to create a league on espn.com and got a message that said their league creation option is closed for maintenance and will be up and running again next week. CBS Sportsline looks like it would charge us $130-some for what we want.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Real roto geeks like me play in NL-only leagues.

But to answer your question, I have no idea.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm so with you on this. For years, my AL- and NL-only leagues have gone through TQstats. No complaints, great simple site to use at a reasonable price. Didn't think twice about going through them again this season.

Well, now we're in the same place you are. My best friend has written to them many times, and he's going to call them tomorrow to see whether they can get things done. The rest of us have written the site, too, complaining about how site upgrades are supposed to be user friendly. This is anything but that.

Team stats are wrong, and on some days not there.
    The individual team stats are non-existant.
    Autocommish is somewhere on that site, damned if I can find it, though.

Long story short, it's been a nightmare. I didn't even bother to submit free agent claims this week by sending a post to the commish. It's ruined those two leagues for me that much, which is a shame.

Just goes to show that if it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've always used Sportsline - well if you don't count the first two years I did fantasy on smallworld - and it is easily the best site on the net. It costs money, but the reason it costs is because it is fucking legit.
    I know it is really good for head to head and rotisserie.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes, my league has used it since 1999. We've all been very happy with it. And now not a single person in my league has anything good to say about them.

They've stopped responding to my emails. The last one was a request for a refund. I have a feeling they'll be out of business soon.

6. TheSportsPredictor

Oh, and getting to your question, we're jumping over to CBSSportsline, despite the higher price. Another league a few of us are in have used that site for years and it's pretty good. I think if you get in early enough it is cheaper.

You might want to try www.rotowire.com. They have something very comparable to TQ, and it is $69.99. I was going to jump to that, but enough people are willing to pay the extra money for CBS. I tried a little of the commissioner interface and it is kinda slow, but it looks like a decent enough site.

7. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I just re-joined an NL-only league that had used TQStats for a number of years and apparently quite happily. Our miserable experience last week mirrored yours, however, and our commissioner moved the league to Sportsline on Thursday. Everyone seems much happier now, though it's about $50 more.

8. TheSportsPredictor

Wow, NO ONE has anything good to say about TQ:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=1988

http://www.rotoauthority.com/2007/04/tq_stats_having.html

Draft saved Draft deleted