1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toy Story 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wisportswriter, Jun 25, 2010.

1. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

I loved the Lotso character. And the holding hands part was pretty cool.
    Too bad my two-year old was running up and down the movie isles...

2. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Great movie, great trilogy. I'm sure we'll be buying it for little fossywriter8 when it comes out to complete his collection (he has more movies than we do).

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I've never cried in a movie theater until Friday afternoon.

Gosh, that ending just tugged at me. It was perfect.

Toy Story may be the most solid three-film franchise ever.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

With ten slots, it will. Book it.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, there's no way this doesn't get nominated for Best Picture.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wonderful story. Heartbreaking at times yes, but its necessary otherwise its just fluff. My 8 yr old was in tears several times.

Loved Toy Story, in fact saw it as a date movie when it came out and I thought girl was pretty cool for suggesting it. (Did not become the Ms. though, ah youth).

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I have a crush on Andy Davis' mom.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The great thing about Pixar movies is that while great attention is paid to the animation and technology, the most attention is paid to a great script with great characters who make you feel something. It seems like it's the only studio that isn't afraid to do that.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My kids watch the Disney and Pixar movies nonstop and I know it might seem blasphemous to say, but the Pixar movies are so much better than the Disney "classics" that it's not even funny.

10. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Saw it last night. Big thumbs up.

Best thing was that they found a new storyline involving the toys that didn't seem to contrived for the sake of a sequel (like Shrek 4).

11. hackcrack

hackcrack Member

Well, I'm glad someone confessed first.

My wife and I took our two teen-age kids to see it (at their request). That ending welled up inside of me and just in the nick of time, my wife began sniffling, which broke my focus and I grinned instead. But damn, we both realized that a movie that began with our kids coming into the world was closing an era, and to that extent, their childhood. And damn, that was sad. Andy was getting us ready for it.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Really? I can't believe someone who has seen The Godfather II hasn't seen The Empire Strikes Back.

Draft saved Draft deleted