1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tough to blame this on the liberal media

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Nov 2, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

For years -- that's right, as sad as it is to say, YEARS -- we've been hearing about the liberal media bias when it comes to reporting on the war in Iraq.

Maybe the military, in some sort lowering of standards outreach, signed these liberal media types up, because its reporting ain't too damn rosy, either.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/military-report-says-iraq-edging-toward/20061101175409990008?_ccc=1&cid=842

WASHINGTON (Oct. 30) - A classified briefing prepared two weeks ago by the United States Central Command portrays Iraq as edging toward chaos, in a chart that the military is using as a barometer of civil conflict.

We've got this, the fact that another 100 soldiers died in October and that Iraq's new prime minister just ordered the Army to stop searching for a missing soldier (still haven't figured this one out).

I know this topic has nothing to do with a John Kerry statement, but I figured since everyone was so eager to make sure the troops were being treated well by our politicians, this might be of interest. Call me crazy, but I think the first step in helping these guys might be to keep them alive.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If only Joe McCarthy had weeded out those Commies in the military, we wouldn't have shit like this!

"Have you no honor, sir?" Hell. Have you no scrotum, liberals?

3. And the briefing this week is significantly better, so the news said tonight.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Really? How so?

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

My chances of dating Reese Witherspoon got significantly better this week.

Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

We're just coming off a triple-digit soldier-fatality month in Iraq, and we can't find hundreds of thousands of our weapons that were supposed to go to the security forces (though you can take a pretty good guess whose hands they are now in).

Those factors -- and the batting average of the apologists who gleefully predict that we're turning the corner, and this time we really mean it -- are why I'm not as optimistic.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Interesting that one of the ads on this page for me is "Iraq Ringtone." I wonder if when you answer it, you don't find any WMDs, but a buttload of terrorists are waiting to talk to you?

7. "Hi, this is Moqtada al Sadr. Let me tell you about the great gwoth possibilities in the Mahdi Srmy."

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nothing short of sending Ryan Sonner over there will fix this mess.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fixed.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i used to participate in war and political threads on SportsJournalists.com but stopped a few years ago because it made me too angry. not that anyone cares but i'm adding my two cents here and then ducking out of the way.

how any human being with an ounce of intelligence can deny that things are really fucked up over there completely defies logic. to me, it's like looking straight up at a blue sky and denying that it's blue. look, we don't know what to do and we can't just pull out all the troops and go home, but THINGS ARE REALLY FUCKED UP OVER THERE. the war isn't going well. call it a civil war, chaos, whatever, but our strategy has not worked and is not working and in three-plus years it's been proven that whatever our strategy is is not working. that is fact. anyway, i'm out of this policital thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted