1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Touching story on golf writer's family

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jimnorden, Mar 4, 2007.

1. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Saw this story by Jimmy Roberts about Craig Dolch's son yesterday during NBC's Honda Classic coverage. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for such a post.

http://video.nbcsports.com/player/?id=78496

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Not the wrong forum at all, Jim.

The story of Craig and Eric Dolch needs to be told in as many outlets and forums as humanely possible.

If you're a parent -- or if you ever thought about being a parent -- you need to read this story.

Donating money to their foundation to help pay for Eric's insane medical expenses probably isn't a bad idea either.

PM me for more information.

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Saw Craig at the national championship in Arizona in January -- hadn't seen him in years. He's a great writer, and his is a story everybody -- parents or not -- should read.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The situation for Craig and his family is hell on a different level, possibly worse than losing a child. They've been through almost two years of not knowing if they'll ever get the son they knew back. It's water torture --- day by day, hoping for the best, praying against the worst, finding joy in the tiniest little success such as some eye contact or some kind of recognition of a loved one; and going through numerous setbacks. Craig is known to a lot of writers, especially in Florida, and what his family is going through has shown what a class act he's always been. Pray for this kid.

5. wasafan

wasafan New Member

There I was in my living room Saturday afternoon, my two toddler daughters fighting over a toy on the floor in the 10 feet between my easy chair and the TV, a raging Michigan winter storm hammering my house, my wife on the phone chattering with her mother. Thought things were a little stressful in my life at that moment. Then I watched the Roberts piece.

My life's a cakewalk.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

This happened to a girl at our church. One day she's a happy teenager planning for college, the next she's in a hospital, and has now been in a wheelchair for several years.

It's about the most hideous, random thing that can happen. My prayers go out to the Dolches.

Also, props to the PB Post for giving Craig the year off with pay.

Draft saved Draft deleted