1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tossing this one out for tonight (Jan 22)

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Dan Hickling, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

AHL gig tonight in Springy ... last minute ... $75 .... anyone interested, gimme a shout at 207 251 6982 .... t'anx ... Dan

2. Greg_Cameron

Greg_Cameron New Member

Dan,

If I wasn't already freelancing for another game I would totally pounce on this. What are the chances that you'll have some more possible freelance work in the Springfield area? I'm a recent graduate from the area and would love a chance to cover just about anything around here.

---Greg Cameron

3. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

things come up, sometimes at the last minute ... would love to have a link to a clip or two ..... D

4. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

Figures the day I forget to check this there's a Springy opportunity.

Greg, was that the day of the WMA/Suffield game

5. Greg_Cameron

Greg_Cameron New Member

Chris,

It most certainly was the day of the WMA/Suffield game. My filing deadline was 7:30, which I needed all of, and was coincidentally the time the puck was going to drop at the MMC.

And Dan, I'm compiling some good clips to send to you. How do you want me to get them to you?

6. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Greg ... just PM those to me, SVP ... and Chris, I was thinking about you, but I think you would have had an "industrial conflict" with this one ....

7. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

@ Dan: Yeah, it's really starting to chap my (areas that can be very unfortunate when chapped). It's hard to understand why a publication that doesn't have a staffed sports section feels its sports is at all competing with another that does have an actual department devoted to it.

@ Greg: Glad WMA was able to pull that one off. I'm a WMA'er from back when they were the Coachmen. I actually looked at the paper that day and said, "Who are the Titans?"

Draft saved Draft deleted