1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tossed from Kinkos for copying clips

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Miles O'Toole, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Feels good, too, doesn't it?

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I wish Kinkos would have kicked me out on any of the hundred times my wife dragged me in there to help make party invitations, Christmas cards, etc.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I have had no problems when it comes to making copies there.

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

If I'm not mistaken -- and after a long battle last night with Patron Silver I might be -- this has been addressed here within the last six months to a year. I think even a or two lawyer checked in with some clarification.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Of course, little things like that are why I invested in my own printer/scanner/copier/fax machine...
    If I had he money to do it all again tho, I'd buy one with a legal-size flat bed, instead of letter. You can make it work, it's just more effort.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

But then you wouldn't have been able to afford as much Slap Boudreaux's Creole Seasoning.

7. Drop your drawers and sit on the machine.
    That'll show 'em.

8. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I take it you lost that battle? :)

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I said the same thing at Staples. I pointed out the byline, showed my business card and then showed my driver's license. I politely explained I wasn't making copies for profit or distribution (hell, I was only making four of each). They said no problem after that.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Kinko's in Toronto was in the middle of a really messy lawsuit with some educational publishers because professors from U of Toronto were basically printing off chapters or short stories from text books and handing them out to their classes.

A few years back they wouldn't even let me copy sample pages for a dummy book we were working on. After I explained to them what it was, they were OK.

I don't have a problem with their policy. People who think that books, music, DVD's are in the public domain are basically stealing.

11. You should have gone to Popcopy ;)

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I think you're right. My head felt like Barry Bonds'.
    But, after two Aleve, toast and two cups of coffee, I'm back.

Draft saved Draft deleted