1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Torre rips the Yankees, ARod and GM Brian Cashman in a new book.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Torre remains one of the great political, fanny-pat-the-stars managers, ever.

During the game? Between the lines? Uh, you haven't seen much
    since Zimmer departed as bench coach, have ya?

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Really enjoyed it, but my eyebrows raised most when Mussina took a run at Rivera, basically calling him overrated and a choker.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What ever happened to the Selena ROberts book? DId she push off the release when he got hurt?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If so kind of ironic - she writes a book that could ruin A rod reputation but she has to rely on him for the success of her book.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Supposedly the book was slightly delayed so she could write about the events caused by the book.

6. Guy_Incognito

Do you believe it? I think it's because he's out of the lineup and the headline.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I do believe it. You don't waste all that PR momentum unless there's a really good reason.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090407&content_id=4149860&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

8. Guy_Incognito

IIRC, the book was due out 4/15, by which time it had died down anyway. You think it's coincidental that he was out of the news for a couple of weeks by the old release date, and now they pushed it off until the time he is expected to return?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kinda makes Mo saving Mussina's last win--the one that will probably put him in the HOF someday b/c it put "20-game winner" on his resume--ironic, yes?

10. Guy_Incognito

I actually didn't think the comments (as quoted - I didn't read the book) were a rip. It's true.

Draft saved Draft deleted