1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Torpedos Over Tripoli

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Yankeefan, you had some interesting thoughts on plagiarism on the JTO thread.

Me, too. Instead of some bullshit like this.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're funny Mark.

The best defense is a good offense. Is that always your strategy?

No one thought I was trying to pass those words off as my own. You know that. It was clearly not my voice.

But, I'm glad you're keeping up with my posts. It's always so hard to do the same with you. You've posted under so many handles and some of them have nuked.

And, you still didn't answer my question? Are you a working journalist? I've never seen "Mark McGwire" make reference to his career.

You're probably at some big city metro, right?

3. Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela New Member

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Guys, this is a major world event that I'd like us to be able to discuss without the mods locking the thread. ... Please, everyone, can we keep this civil?

As for the attack, I don't know how I feel about it. Regime change is always a sketchy proposition. Who knows if democracy will be successful in Libya even if Gaddafi is out of here. The old devil you know vs. devil you don't debate.

5. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

Twenty-some posts in and no one has asked to fix the title? It's "Tomahawks" not "Torpedos."

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"You say Khadaffi, I say Qaddafi. Let's call the whole thing off!"

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

For the record, YF, I had no idea that was the President. I thought it was you.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Me too

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

And for the record, I didn't care. Move on.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If Obama bombs one more country, we all get free pizza from Papa John's. Come on, Obama!

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. I've amended the post to indicate that those were the words of Presidential candidate Barack Obama.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Since they launched over 100 missiles, do we all get a free chalupa?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.