1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto International Film Festival....First announcement

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 26, 2011.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I love the TIFF and used to have a bit of a boys weekend that coincided with the festival. I had a pee next to a very drunk (and suprisingly tall) Sean Connery at Sutton Place.

Between a semi-famous friend and another buddy who has some connections we ended up getting in to quite a few parties we had no business being at.

There are also times that despite my general lack of charisma that I can be "on" in a semi-charming kind of way that led to some memebers of the fairer sex thinking I was a celebrity or someone important. This ended up adding to the overall enjoyment of the weekend which has since ended since marriage and kids came along.

I love Toronto.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We want to come again, but are still trying to figure out our schedule.

Northwestern's fall semester doesn't start until late September, but if she picks up a class at DePaul that she needs, it starts the week before TIFF.

Even so, we might try to do a quick trip, but not spend as much time as we'd like.

It's really one of the best big events I've ever been to, and Toronto was great. And, I'm not even a big indie film guy.

If you are -- or your spouse/partner is -- go. You'll have fun.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If you show up, lets have drinks/dinner.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Will do.

I'll let you know as soon as we decide.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Be sure to post the menu on the foodie thread :)

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Starts this Friday.

Capsule reviews of 61 of the 300 or so movies.

http://www.toronto.com/article/696632--61-tiff-films-reviewed

Draft saved Draft deleted