1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto had a wee bit of a storm yesterday.... here are some pics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jul 9, 2013.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There are still people and malls with no power.

The largest Canada Post mail sorting centre about two km's from my office is still closed. No mail delivery for the last two days.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was an intense day. I was downtown for the start of it - got absolutely soaked walking along Front Street from CBC to Union Station - but I managed to get out of Dodge in time. They shut down the train line a little while later.

Tuesday was horrible for commuting, though. It took three hours to get to work - a trip that normally takes about 40 minutes. Going home, I took the train as far as it would go, to Long Branch, where approximately 3,000 people were waiting in the train station parking lot for the shuttle buses to Port Credit. I said fuck it and started walking west along Lakeshore. My very kind landlady drove in from Oakville and picked me up after I'd walked about two miles.

Draft saved Draft deleted