1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto cops taser Bambi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 24, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Somehow a deer ends up in downtown Toronto by the bus terminal. A vet shoots it with a tranquilizer dart, the deer leaps over yellow police tape--that's jail time ---and so the cops taser it and throw a net over it. .

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/729941--police-taser-frightened-deer-in-downtown-core?bn=1

The animal will be watched over by veterinarians and then likely given to the Toronto Zoo, police said. Still, no one knows where it came from.

"Obviously, it made its way from Rouge Valley, Humber Valley," said Supt. Hugh Ferguson. "How? God only knows ... GO Train, maybe."

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

At first I thought you meant Bambi Bambenek.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I thought maybe a stripper from the CB got a bit testy.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fuck deer. They are overgrown rats with bushy tails.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Unlike rats, however, they are damn tasty cooked in butter and garlic.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I thought the Toronto cops were too busy parking illegally while running in to get lunch to worry abut tasering deer.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/11/24/11900526-sun.html

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

maybe the deer did not like it's bed time

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The top cops are being total and utter hypocrites about this.

People park in the bike lanes all the time in Toronto and the cops do absolutely nothing. There's a Scotiabank on the Lakeshore down by the condos and there are cars parked there all the time and neither the cops nor the parking police do a damn thing about it. But they're ready to slap you with a $30.00 ticket for an expired meter.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How do you know rats aren't damn tasty cooked in butter and garlic?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"Nutria" is the preferred nomenclature.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

In the South, some overzealous guy wearing head-to-toe camouflage quickly kills it and would want a photo with what's left of the animal in the Sunday sports section. Wish I were kidding ...

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/toronto/archive/2009/11/24/toronto-deer-drama-see-bambi-honey.aspx

Start with a dozen police constables. Add another dozen police from the Emergency Task Force in grey jumpsuits and bulletproof vests -- armed with dart guns, Tasers and a big sort of fishing net -- plus two vans from Animal Services and a senior veterinarian from the Toronto Zoo. Give them four hours: they will get the job done.

I think they sent deer psychologists out after it was captured to make sure it wasn't suffering from postraumatic stress disorder.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted