1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Topps of the Pops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Eh... I would argue that inserts ruined the hobby for kids.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The Internet ruined the collection of baseball cards as a boy's hobby. Any other interpretation is purely nostalgic.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Another one ...

[​IMG][​IMG]

1975 Topps football 1978-79 Topps soccer

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fonts are completely different. Layout is completely different. Borders are completely different. But other that that, yes, they're exactly alike. :D

The other cards you posted were good examples. These two are not.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't disbelieve that they did this. I never noticed because I almost exclusively collected baseball cards. But the fonts are not the same. The borders are not the same. They accent different things. Even the Topps logos are different. They're very different cards.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Actually, I have to agree with you there. Even when I was working there, I told friends and family the irony was the people probably responsible for me losing interest in the hobby were the same people signing my paycheck.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, guys. So, one of the five examples so far posted to prove the point is a shitty example. Great. The other four aren't. Moving on...

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I guess you had to be there. When those football cards and baseball cards were stacked against one another, they looked very similar.

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Although Sam Beckett would have been all over it had he not stepped into the Quantum Leap excellerator. . . . and vanished!

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Card shows at every crappy mall in America.

BTW, I still have my folder with my Nolan Ryan collection.

Draft saved Draft deleted