1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Ten Places to Live...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jul 16, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Was wondering why you hadn't commented on that.

I think Colton was the backup. San Bernardino was dragged down by Muscoy, among other areas.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Actually, there's relatively few shootings in Muscoy these days.

Which probably means it's honorable mention on this list. ;D

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I used to cover Claremont High and had a college roomie who went there. Great, great town with lots of charm. The five Claremont Colleges would look good on anyone's resume.

Those home prices, however... Wow.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thing is, suburban sprawl is the ideal for many people. Lots of options to do your shopping, dining, recreation, etc. I think some of the most desirable places have at least one nearby area with a lot of stuff packed into it.

5. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Must be the new freeway extension.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There's the rub, shot. People want seasons, but no winter. Or the beach, but no storms. Or convienence, but no sprawl.

Personally, I couldn't live anywhere that didn't get some snow in the winter. Got to have the changing seasons.

7. MileHigh

That's a first in about 30 years, though I still won't make it a side trip when I hit the I.E. in two weeks.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Fuck me, you're right.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Right on, Server

Microville gets on these kinds lists all the time (althought it's not on this one). It's perfect for me, and a lot of my friends. I found my place, have been here for a while, and you'll probably read my obit in the Microville Daily Muckraker.

For the restless, I give them:

"Gaily bedight,
    A gallant night
    In sunshine and in shadow,
    Had journeyed long,
    Singing a song,
    In search of El Dorado.

But he grew old --
    This knight so bold --
    And -- o'er his heart a shadow
    Fell as he found
    No spot of ground
    That looked like El Dorado.

And, as his strength
    Failed him at length,
    He met a pilgrim shadow --
    "Shadow," said he,
    "Where can it be --
    This land of El Dorado?"

"Over the Mountains
    Of the Moon,
    Down the Valley of the Shadow,
    Ride, boldly ride,"
    The shade replied --
    "If you seek for El Dorado."

I've found mine, smaller payheck/annual raises be damned.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I would not argue with you. May be the most liveable place in the whole world. I would not back you, either. Why would I? Never lived there.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Grand 'effin Terrace!!!!! You're kidding me. What, did Stevie Wonder get a vote?

Now, now, Mile and Buck. You've got to differentiate between areas of Muscoy. North Muscoy is actually rather inhabitable, especially if you're Caucasian with a predilection toward white trash.

What you had there -- at least when I was going to high school with a great deal of the Muscoyvites -- was the lower-middle class folks who couldn't afford to live in Devore. And many of them were decent folks

South Muscoy, OTOH ... not so much. A true candidate for Boots Places to Get Your Ass Kicked thread.

One of my best friends grew up in La Palma. There are worse places. But if they wanted a good IE community, where the hell was Redlands? If I ever moved back to that area, that'd be the first and last place I'd look.

12. MileHigh

I wouldn't go there before dark, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted