1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Sports Things to Do Before You Die?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PalmettoStatesport, Jun 13, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

-- Wimbledon, before Federer fades
    -- The French Open, before Nadal fades
    -- Complete the trifecta of major races at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I've seen the 500, so just the U.S. Grand Prix (if it stays there) and The Brickyard 400.
    -- National Finals Rodeo

2. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I'd like to spend July in Europe.

Catch the end of Wimbledon, the British Open, hop the ferry across the Channel for Le Tour, maybe even squeeze in a day or two in Pamplona watching the machitos getting trampled by bovines. You could probably get in on some soccer exhibitions (European Championship in the right year) or an F1 race along the way.

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Baseball game at Wrigley Field.
    Indianapolis 500
    Attend the Masters
    Play Augusta National
    Play Pebble Beach
    Play St. Andrews
    Attend the first Browns' Super Bowl in which they — gasp! — win.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

One more thing I'd like to see, Ohio in the Final Four. I mean, it could happen, right?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Lingerie Super Bowl

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Cover the Masters, play on Monday.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've visited all four major sports halls of fame, been at Indy and seen the bricks, saw a goalie score a goal in the NHL playoffs and saw Navy play in a bowl game. I've been to Yankee Stadium and the Astrodome (marched on the field, no less), seen the Oilers, Rockets, Astros, N.Y.Rangers, Devils and more, saw the Hartford Whalers at the Mall and seen the UConn women during their first undefeated run back in the '90s.

I've done so much of what I've wanted to see. All that's left is to see a championship game in one of the major sports. I'd actually prefer it to be the Rockets in the NBA finals or the Devils when they win the Cup.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I already have been to Fenway a bunch of times, Celtics and Bruins playoff games, and this past April, a WrestleMania. Next on the list is invading Yankee Stadium in August for Yanks-Sox decked out in Sox gear. I would love to attend a Superbowl, especially if the Foxborough crew are prominently involved.

9. How about a Victoria Secret Party with Tom Brady huh??

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hit a hole in one

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I'd love to cover the tennis majors, but as long as I cover one Olympics I can die a happy man.

Oh, and nailing Natalie Coughlin on the 18th green at Augusta would be nice, too.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'd like to attend a Kentucky Derby, the Masters, Grand Prix of Monaco, an important soccer game in the English Premier League, see the AllBlacks play, Daytona 500 (or maybe Talledega),. The thing is, I'm not into horse racing, car racing, soccer, or rugby but I know all would be great events because I'd be surrounded by 100,000+ rabid fans.

For sports I like....basketball games at Rupp Arena, Cameron, Kansas' Fieldhouse, football at Notre Dame.

I've seen the Red Sox win a World Series, and have covered every inch of Fenway Park, so those are done. All thats left is seeing the Bruins win a Cup.

Draft saved Draft deleted