1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top ranked press boxes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by micke77, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Any press box with 15-year-old girls handing out stats would be one person's favorite. The press box tattle tale thread had the info on that.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Stitch,

Chris Hansen would like a word with you.

3. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Fresno State's press box always looks great early in the season...then, later on, you get up there and see that there wasn't much to be excited about after all.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's because those press boxes have proven over the years to be frauds.

5. Yes, enjoyed Texas A&M until the thing started to move. Steve's got a shaky stomach. But I did make sure not to walk on the field afterwards.

6. times38

times38 Member

the one year I dealt with Alcorn State the SID never even bothered to do a media guide.

7. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Homemade ice cream at Mississippi State (don't know if they do that all the time).

When they roll out the ice cream freezer at Jordan-Hare in the third quarter. Straight Mayfield, baby.

Yeah, I like ice cream. And from the looks of others sports writers, I ain't the only one.

8. highlander

highlander Member

This is many years ago, but I loved when the "Cookie Fairy" would bring oatmeal raisin cookies to those in Memorial Stadium's press box in Austin. God Bless Jones Ramsey.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

see the entire big 12 south.

10. sg86

sg86 Member

There aren't enough press boxes of color in college football.

Too many plain white press boxes.

Not cool.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I heard the Ohio State press box pay's its users.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

At least they waited until after the game to bring out the wrecking ball. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted