1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top issues of 2007

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

11. Can Heinyman pick a bank, learn to balance a checkbook, and most important....decide what to put away for retirement.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This one should be No. 1.

People are paying far more and getting far less. The current system really can't survive more than about 10 more years, and waiting until it fails to start coming up with a solution would be a disaster.

Two things, just today, served as reminders of the stupidity of this:

(1) The area ftards are still claiming it's all controllable by "life decisions," and somehow if everyone lives healthier, the problem will go away. Bullshit.

(2) Someone at the New Year's Eve party tonight apparently is STILL waiting for approval for something major that should have already happened. It wasn't the time or place to ask for details, but I suspect it's more bureaucracy at work.

That's the other part that gets swept under the rug -- the flaws in the process of getting reimbursed for the stuff that is covered.

There's really only one solution: A national, mandatory, single-payer system administered by regional bureaus.

3. Great. You ain't seen bureaucracy until you've seen U.S. government bureaucracy.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well, I have a new bank. They gave me a blender when I opened my account. It's a great bank. I wish I had done a little more research when I went with the other bank, but I had already moved halfway across the country after loading and unpacking all of my worldly possessions. As I recall, I had a full day to handle such affairs before starting a new job. That was an exhausting week.

I never had any issues with balancing a checkbook. If you're referring to my little situation with a rent check, you might have misunderstood the issue. You see, the check I wrote wasn't returned for lack of funds. It was returned because the bank thought that my wife's name had been forged on the check. I just wanted to clear that up, as someone else made a comment recently regarding my alleged check-bouncing. That doesn't mean that I haven't bounced a check at some point, but I most certainly didn't bounce one because I can't add. Rather, I bounced them because frozen pizza and two cases of beer took precedence.

As for retirement, I think you're confusing me with someone else. I recently opened a Roth IRA for my kids, but I don't recall discussing that here. If things work out this here, however, I might be looking to open a second retirement account for myself.

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I think something needs to be done about the terrible trio of Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan. Those three are out of control.

6. I'm looking forward to the SI Swimsuit Issue.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

My brother-in-law researches medicine ... tests it on the most wicked diseases you can imagine.

He says an AIDS vaccine is coming, and it's coming soon. If it happens in 2007, it'll be a landmark time in medical history.

Draft saved Draft deleted