1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Guilty-Pleasure Ringtones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Jul 26, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I've always thought it might be fun to have a siren sound set as your ring tone and then get someone to call you over and over while you're at a party where drugs are being consumed just to see what happened ....

On my phone are the Mission Impossible theme, Peter Gunn theme, The Munsters theme, The Pink Panther theme (I'm sensing a theme here ...), Should I Stay or Should I Go, Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy, and Start Me Up, as well as a fight song or two. My phone's kind of old, so it's all in the synthesizer version. Man, I need a new phone

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

For work people - "Testify" by Kanye West
    For friends - "I predict a riot" by Kaiser Chiefs
    For family - "All these things that I've done" by the Killers
    For the girl (when times are good) - "You're beautiful" by James Blunt
    For the girl (when times are bad) - "Mission Impossible" theme

But I just downloaded Springsteen's "countin' on a miracle" off of that site and not nearly done yet, so who knows what will happen on my two days off.

3. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

I got No Rain by Blind Melon as my ring right now -- love it -- and I also have Danger Zone, though I seldom use it.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My old phone used to play the "Evil Empire" theme from "Star Wars" every time my boss called.

5. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Here's the list of definitions for "sorostitute" from urbandictionary, these are pretty funny

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sorostitute

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Another pop-culture phenomenon which has left me cold. Go figure. ::)

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If you're cold, then I'm a frozen dinosaur.

It may as well have been written in Mandarin.

My phone, which is in the car and only used for emergencies, goes "Ring . . . Ring . . . Ring."

8. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

If my phone, a Motorola Razr, had a simple ring that sounded like that I would have stuck with it. All my preloaded stuff is far too annoying to use.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

My old phone had "Fanfare for the Common Man". Totally self-righteous and over-the-top.

One time I forgot to put it on silent at work and it went off. The copy desk chief joked that it sounded like I was taking the most important phone call in the history of mankind.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

That is awesome.

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

And that is all it should do, IMO, unless you are a teenage girl.

LOOK AT ME, MY PHONE IS RINGING, AND I DESERVE ATTENTION/MY PERSONALITY IS ILLUSTRATED BY THE SONG MY PHONE IS PLAYING.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

so, uh, what's your point?

Draft saved Draft deleted