1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Guilty-Pleasure Ringtones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Jul 26, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I guess that's not totally correct. It plays 2 Live Crew's "We gonna get some pussy" every single time Lauren Graham calls.

And spup, fun and bitter — unfortunately — go hand in hand.

I spent three years as a college English teacher. If I never hear another anthem of my youth reduced to three-note bleating on some all-pink-clad, went-out-and-bought-a-goddamn-pink-ipod-cover-to-match-her-outfit, barely-pubescent, thong-hanging-out-during-office-hours, never-read-a-fucking-book-in-her-life, wannabe-sorostitute's cheap ass cell phone again, it'll be much, much too soon.

Glad I got that out of the way.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've got "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" for all my girlfriends and my two sisters.

A Britney Spears song that will remain nameless for KP, my brothers, the current sportsboy (whomever he might be) and my best friend (a guy).

Everybody else has a generic one that came with my phone.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sorostitute is my new favorite word. Just as an FYI.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Happy to oblige. Use it with pride.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My phone just sounds like a ringing phone. But now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind changing it to "Brandy" by Looking Glass. Wonder if it's available.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

AHAHAHAHA!! Might be time to replace the Hoff in the sig. Sorry Ragu.  :D

7. The Big Ragu

Come to think of it, how cool would it be if my phone rang to Hooked On A Feeling? I wouldn't be able to ever answer the phone without being doubled over laughing.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've never actually downloaded a ringtone, but if the Bay City Rollers "Saturday Night" is available, someone should let me know.

For the same reason Ragu posted.

9. The Big Ragu

I know someone who sometimes posts here who has an autographed Bay City Rollers album. May be his most prized possession.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://mobile17.smashsworld.com/

Best site. Ever. Takes any song you have downloaded and turns it into a ringtone. You pick when in the song it starts, when it stops (max is 40 seconds) and they make it.

Free.

But if you want to pay like $1, it's done almost instantly. The free one took me about 20 minutes to get mine.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I love that site. My ringtones are Brass Bonanza, Doogie Howser, Dallas, the Facts of Life and the opening riff to "Right now"...and I got them all free off that website.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Mine aren't that cool. But I have Beyonce "Check on It", Aaliyah "Rock The Boat", "There It Go (The Whistle Song)" and Elliott Yamin's version of "Moody's Mood for Love."

All made by that site.

Draft saved Draft deleted