1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Seattle

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

My wife and I went to The Spence for our anniversary in May, right after it opened. One of the best meals I've ever had. Really fun place, and the food is obviously out of this world.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Well, last night was a Top Chef first... Don't think I've ever seen that outcome.

Without discussing results, the fact that no team was declared the winner was stunning. Tom and Padma apologizing to the guest judges and then Tom ripping into them in the stew room and making them wait a day for judges table.

Can't imagine how uncomfortable that night at the house would have been.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The previous week's results were surprising in that Carla, whom I thought would be a producers favorite, was given the boot (we have since found out she wasn't a viewers fave, either). Last night's was heartening in that they did get rid of a veteran. I thought the quickfire was a lot more difficult than those things usually roll.

4. Matt1735

I agree; I thought the Quickfire was definitely the tougher challenge than the main one. Taking one ingredient and making it the focus of your dish is typically not difficult... Yet, it was apparently.

5. dooley_womack1

I've seen the judges describing both teams in Restaurant Wars as having several flaws, but never a judging that was 100 percent critical.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm glad CJ went home.
    The dish sounded like it was terrible. The concept seemed bad.
    And trying to push the girls who made the dessert into the fire was a real d#ck move.

7. dooley_womack1

Now that the embargo has been broken, I will say it is heartening that a veteran got the ax, along with the Elway guy. Television Without Pity's reviewer said that CJ was much cockier this time around. I guess Stefan and the antichrist from Texas are now going to be the focus.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Stefan has always been a manufactured villain. He's never seemed like a bad guy to me, in his original season or so far this season.

9. Matt1735

I think Stefan has been much better than last time around... Last time around, I thought he was an arrogant prick that backed up most everything... this time, he's still putting out good food (mostly) but he's not being the prick about it.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I liked him last time. I always felt like they were editing to make him seem like a bad guy.

Anyway, the best part of this season was when of the women said Stefan looks like a toe.

11. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

It probably is the editing, but Stefan seems infinitely more likeable to me this season.

Seems another "blah" also-ran got sent home last night, but it's good that most of them were able to put out some good food this week after the fiasco last week. I'd really like to see the handlebar mustache guy (who runs a restaurant called the Divine Swine) be able to cook a piece of pork that doesn't suck (apparently). If he screws up again next week, he has to be the one to go.

12. dooley_womack1

He should go for trying to combine a handlebar mustache and a beard. One or the other, not both.

Draft saved Draft deleted