1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

top 25

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 26, 2006.

1. 1. Ohio State
    2. USC
    3. Michigan
    4. Florida
    5. LSU
    6. Arkansas
    7. Oklahoma
    8. Louisville
    9. Auburn
    10. Notre Dame
    11. Virginia Tech
    12. Rutgers
    13. West Virginia
    14. Wisconsin
    15. Wake Forest
    16. Tennessee
    17. Nebraska
    18. Texas
    19. Boise State
    20. California
    21. BYU
    22. Hawaii
    23. Georgia
    24. Boston College
    25. Maryland

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hmm, Boise State 10 spots below their cumulative poll rank. That kind of thing could get someone's voting privileges pulled.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Unbeaten Boise State, with arugably the best RB in the nation, at 19? That's harsh, Jason.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not much love for Wisconsin, either. They're a weak one-loss team, but 14 is too low. One loss is to Michigan, and they played them tougher than two-loss Notre Dame, which you have ranked four spots higher (and has feasted on service academies).

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I do realize you used the qualifier "arguably," but I wouldn't even put Johnson in the top 3.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This one is the worst of the season. He had a chance to have some big, swinging balls and rank Michigan No. 2, but he didn't do it.

Arkansas, Oklahoma, Va. Tech and Georgia all are at least 4 spots higher than they should be.

All in all, it's an exceptionally poor effort.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, Georgia even being ranked...lifetime achievement-ism all the way.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Even though I misspelled 'arguably,' it's debatable. I don't think he's the best RB, but he's having a very nice year. I just think 19 is a ridiculous ranking for Boise State. He's got them behind WVU and Rutgers, both of whom have bad losses.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

On that I agree wholeheartedly. Whitlock absolutely is screwing over Boise State. But there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it, which is why I tend to take his top 25 posts with a grain of salt.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Very weak, Boise State being at the top of the list of complaints.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why do you have Virginia Tech four spots ahead of one team in the ACC championship game (Wake) and the other team in the ACC championship (Georgia Tech) isn't ranked?

If Tech is do damn good, why aren't they playing Saturday in Jacksonville?

Draft saved Draft deleted