1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

top 25 vote...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 8, 2006.

1. 1. Ohio State
    2. WVa.
    3. florida
    4. USC
    5. Michigan
    6. Tennesse
    7. Texas
    8. Louisville
    9. California
    10. Clemson
    11. Notre Dame
    12. Iowa
    13. Arkansas
    14. Auburn
    15. LSU
    16. Georgia
    17. Georgia Tech
    18. Oklahoma
    19. Oregon
    20. Rutgers
    21. Virginia Tech
    22. Miami
    23. Boise State
    24. Washington
    25. Missouri

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

What does Wisconsin need to do to get some lovin?

I would make the top 4: Ohio State, Florida, USC and West Virginia. Florida has already beaten Tennessee at Neyland and LSU at home and USC/WVa have not played two teams of that caliber all season.

3. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Did anyone ever think they'd see the day where Rutgers football would be ranked ahead of Miami by anyone? Yeah, me neither & I'm from Jersey.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Other than Georgia and Oklahoma 5-7 places too high , I can live with that.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It was a big win but if you didn't have Arkansas ranked a week ago 13 is awful high for an initial ranking.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Florida probably ought to be ranked No. 2 after what they did to LSU. Yeah, I know LSU hurt itself with some big mistakes at key times, but the Gators have beaten your No. 6 and 15 teams -- that Tennessee win being away from home.

Clemson doesn't strike me as a top 10 team. Not sure who I would put in its place, though. Notre Dame?

Oh, and give Boise State more respect than the two-loss Canes. They deserve it.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Jesus christ Whitlock, I'm going to fly halfway cross the country and strangle you if you don't put Michigan higher.

Okay, I really don't care that much and I'm afraid to fly.

Oh yeah, Auburn is too low as well.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Arkansas debuts at 13, and an undefeated Missouri team is only 25? I don't agree with that at all. I would put Arkansas in around 20 and give Missouri some more love.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

W. Va. is still way way way too high. Their schedule is only slightly tougher than Mizzou's... and Mizzou will finish with a much tougher road than W. Va. has to negiotiate.

The Big East sucks.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Put Michigan #2. Then OSU can beat their second #2 team of the season, then win in the championship against another #2 team and have the greatest season ever.

11. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

I think I'm the only one who believes Rutgers shouldn't be ranked.
    Look who've they've beaten:
    North Carolina
    Illinois
    Ohio
    Howard
    South Florida

And Georgia Tech is way better than Georgia. UGAg's offense finally wakes up, and their "formidable" defense gives up 51 points to a Tennessee team that barely beat Air Force.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you. :p

Can't wait for Nov. 18!

Draft saved Draft deleted