1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

top 25 final regular-season vote

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Dec 3, 2006.

1. 1. Ohio State
    2. Florida
    3. Michigan
    4. Oklahoma
    5. LSU
    6. Louisville
    7. USC
    8. Arkansas
    9. Auburn
    10. Notre Dame
    11. Virginia Tech
    12. West Virginia
    13. Rutgers
    14. Wisconsin
    15. Wake Forest
    16. Tennessee
    17. Boise State
    18. Nebraska
    19. Texas
    20. California
    21. BYU
    22. Georgia
    23. Boston College
    24. Maryland
    25. Oregon State

coach of the year: Bob Stoops
    player of the year: Troy Smith

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

A ballot that would make Jimmy Olson proud.

Wait, shouldn't Notre Dame be No. 2? ::)

3. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Why not Schiano or Grobe for Coach of the Year?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Grobe was unanimous ACC coach of the year. WAKE FOREST is 11-2 and playing in the Orange Bowl. That's about as no-brainer a COY vote as there will ever be.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And Boise State is usually behind Miami... nice to seem the smurfturfers jump a couple of notches in recent weeks..

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I like the love for Oklahoma.
    Really, there should be serious talk of them being in the national title game with one loss because their other "loss" to Oregon was a complete fraud.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Schiano is a no-brainer as well. At the beginning of the year, if anyone had said Rutgers would have been an overtime away from a BCS bowl,they would have been laughed out of the room.

Either Grobe or Schiano deserve it.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I saw a release yesterday that Rutgers had announced Schiano was going to be given the award at the end of the week. Don't know whether it was official or not.

Quick honest question Jason: There was talk of voters either 1: voting Florida 2 because they thought they were the No.2 team in the nation or 2: Voting to avoid setting up a rematch in the Harris/Coaches poll. Do you fall into either category even though you're vote is in the AP?

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Stopps did a heck of a job, too. Loses his quarterback before the season. Heisman candidate goes down for the season about halfway through. And in most people's minds, the Sooners actually just lost one game.

The Big XII was down? Well so was the ACC.

I voted Schiano first, Grobe second and Houston Nutt third, I believe, on my Eddie Robinson ballot. I guess if I had waited a few days, I might have flipped No. 1 and 2 because Wake's going to a BCS game and Rutgers isn't. Then again, Rutgers had a longer way to come. I saw Wake come into West Lafayette and beat a pretty good Purdue team three or four years ago. Can't imagine Rutgers could have come within 50 points of basketball-on-grass at that juncture.

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Why is Virginia Tech ahead of Wake Forest?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Lifetime achievement award, App.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Because Jason thinks they're better, and they probably are in the long run. As great as the Deacons story has been, and although they may deserve to be ahead of the Hokies, they have been fortunate at times.

Draft saved Draft deleted